Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three Way: Misery loves Company but Company loves Truth. Truth loves Misery and Company and Itself.

I just heard about something that I'm praying is just some practical joke being passed around. I heard that there is someone in Miami who is putting HIV infected needles at gas stations so when people go to pump their gas they get pricked with the needle and infected. I don't even want to think about what type of person would spread a rumor like that if its not true, let alone what type of person would actually do that if it is true. So disturbing.

Pain makes people do crazy things. If the rumor above was true, I can only imagine what intense pain this person must be suffering to want to inflict that pain on everyone else in the world. Isn't that always the first reaction to being hurt- the desire to retaliate or make others understand and empathize with our pain? We want others to feel what we feel so we are not alone in our misery. It makes us feel better to justify the ego's sense of self by saying "See, other people feel what I feel. What I feel is real, valid, and true. I exist." In doing so we just give more energy and power to the pain, person or situation that hurt us by passing it onto others.

What if you hear that negativity day in and day out? Initially you might be able to be strong, remain positive and not give in to the negativity, but eventually little doubts would creep in. Before you know it you would find yourself right in the middle of that negative energy. Like attracts like and misery loves company. Who are you surrounding yourself with? Do these people support you and your goals? If the answer is no then I suggest you get out while you can. Distance yourself from those people, situations, and environments that are not conducive to you being the best you can be and living up to your greatest potential. It seems obvious, but far too often we stay in a bad situation long after we should have left.

Now this doesn't mean you can't be there for a friend in need. We all have our ups and downs and it's important to support people in your life when they aren't feeling well and their energy is low. How great is it to confide in a friend and have them offer you that little bit of insight that transforms how you see yourself or a situation? When you're energy is high and you are feeling good you have a lot to offer the world and won't be affected by the negativity around you. In fact, you're energy will be so strong that you will be able to transform the negative energy into positive by being that friend with the great insight. It's only when you are constantly bombarded with the negative energy and feeling a little run down that the negative starts to seep in.

Last night I went out to dinner with my boyfriend and happened to be very stuck in my head trying to brainstorm creative marketing ideas for artists. I just needed to come up with that one thing- something witty, inventive, eye-catching, and wildly entertaining. He was very supportive and helpful trying to brainstorm ideas, but I quickly shot everything down. I got fixated on it to the point where I was not a very good companion or dinner partner just sitting there and thinking in my own head. Luckily, he was pretty good at sustaining his positive energy and not letting me get him down so eventually I was able to bounce out of the funk and out of my head. When you're feeling good have have extra energy be sure to do whatever you need to in order to sustain that energy so your overabundance can spill out onto others.

Be thankful for those people who are there for you when you're feeling down. Be aware of your own energy level and what you are capable of giving to others in any given moment. If you're feeling discouraged, disappointed, depressed, or angry then try to channel that energy into something creative. Maybe it's a painting or a song or writing. Maybe it's working out or calling up a friend that you know is feeling good and can help you out. Anything to get that energy out of you without retaliating or bringing others down with you. One of the reasons I started writing songs was to channel the intense sadness and anger I felt growing up and finding my way through different relationships. I related to artists who had "depressing" songs because they perfectly articulated what I was going through. Like I mentioned above misery loves company. It helps to know others have been there before and you're not alone. If someone else can get through it then so can you.

Support groups are great and friendships are even better. Self therapy through creative outlets is sublime. In fully confronting and acknowledging what is bringing you down without fixating or holding onto resentment about it, you cease to give it power over you. Bring your darkness and your shadow out into the light. Confront it and don't be afraid.

***PAY ATTENTION*** CRUCIAL LIFE TRANSFORMING INFORMATION AHEAD:

As I evolved in my writing I began to transform my feelings through song to achieve my goals. I saw myself writing negative lyrics about being lonely, wanting a man who didn't want me, heartbreak, etc. One day it dawned on me that I was stuck in this negative cycle of reacting to situations instead of creating. I decided to use my feelings as an emotional guide and write lyrics that made me feel just slightly better or provided deeper insight into my situation. It wasn't about lying to myself or writing lyrics I didn't believe in. It was about focusing on what I wanted instead of what I didn't want. So instead of writing about being lonely I would write about how I knew there was someone out there for me. They both have similar meanings. In both senses I was without someone, but one made me feel depressed and one made me feel hopeful. This changed my life.

I met the man of my dreams, but he was in a relationship at the time. Instead of letting it get me down I started writing about our connection and the active transformation of our situation to bring us together. Within one year he had split with his girlfriend and we were living together. We are still happily living together and making music 5 years later.

I'm not claiming that songs can work magic. The whole year I wasn't with him felt painful and hopeless like I would never get what I wanted. What the whole experience taught me was the power of intention, focus, and positive feeling in manifesting your desires. Ever since The Secret came out I feel like these ideas got a bad wrap by people who misunderstood them. Think about what you want, feel good about it and it will come to you. It's not as easy as that. Maybe it is for some people but I haven't mastered that belief yet so for me it remains true that if you want something you have to work hard for it. You have to take risks and put yourself out there. Everyday and with every ounce of your being you have to know, believe, speak, and act with the intent of creating what you desire. Every negative self-defeating thought that crosses your mind you have to shoot down and replace it with positive. The bad news is: it's constant work. It's laser beam focus. It's energetic intention. It's meditation. The good news is: it's simplicity. In true form and in alignment with the dual nature of life and universal understanding: the hardest task in the world is also the simplest. I think therefore I am. What are you thinking about?

Religion, The Secret, astrology, tarot cards, psychics, self-help books, etc. All of these are just tools with as much or as little meaning as the video you just watched on YouTube. It's all about the power you give to an idea, discipline, or thought. If you believe it to be true, speak as if it's true, act as if it's true then it is true. It is Your Truth. There is no absolute truth because the duality of reality says that the exact opposite exists as well. Your truth can be completely opposite from someone else's truth yet they can both be "true." If you relate to it and it feels good to you then go with it. Trust yourself. You decide what world you want to live in. You are the creator of your life as you are part of all creation. What are you going to do now?


No comments:

Post a Comment